Sterlingville, NY a Lost Village
Situated along the Black River in the Town of Antwerp, Sterlingville was the largest of the villages "lost" during the Fort Drum expansion. At the time of the expansion it consisted of 38 tracts of land, 2 churches, and School District #1. The maps below provide a snapshot it's evolution until it's demise in 1941.
Two maps are provided for comparison: Sterlingville as it existed in 1864 and the 1941 Tax Map. Please be patient as as both maps are rather large. The numbered circles on the 1941 tax map are keyed to the property owners as listed in the 1941 Fort Drum Land Acquisition Tax Rolls.